About this blog

This blog was started as a whirlwind. So these objectives are laid out on the top as a reminder to me and for you to remind me. These objectives will change accordingly. Do praise or criticize me for keeping to my plan or deviating from it. This is the start of accountability to my plan.

There are Twitter updates, if you are my friend please identify yourself when you add to your follow list.

Long term objectives
1. To be financially independent so that I can free my time in devoting to God and Family.
2. Money is for memories. I want to take my Family to Disneyland in 2014. I want my daughters to remember this for life. I can also take this to my grave.
3. Trading as a vehicle to secure my daughters' future education requirement.
4. Continued learning/evolution of myself and the markets.
5. This is not for fun, it is a means for an end. Be very ruthless!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Inspirations for trading

On a lighter note. My hobby is racing. I am doing less of that now. It is an expensive hobby and dangerous. This is an image of screws in my right ankle due to a karting accident. I might be one of rare people who have a regular orthopedic surgeon.

This was a race last year that I came in 2nd. Lost to my team mate who was with me in 2000. He was much younger and inexperienced then. Just out from university. Now he is so much better. Great race that he was ahead.

This blue car is my favorite Alfa, The 155. This is a great shot of me almost losing in the corner difting sideways.

Do visit Mark's and Jonathan's Blogs. They are much into it than I am.

Trading is very much like racing. You can lose life or limb. There is possibility of losing money and sanity in trading. It parallels in most ways. Even down to the indemnity forms you sign.

You don't get inspiration for trading in trading. You get inspiration for trading outside of trading. For me is racing.

For me to chase the leader or a better driver and try to mimic his moves down the minute centimeters of road space used and how fast he brings his machine to the limits of adhesion without losing it.

Hector who introduced me to trading is a martial arts practitioner. He gets his inspiration in martial arts, which in many ways is also like trading. How often Sun Tzu's Art of War is being quoted in trading? Many times and is applicable. A book he mentions, The Way of The Warrior - Trader by Dr. Richard D McCall.

In the book it mentions

The Samurai A.C.T.I.O.N. plan:

Accept … All possible losses before entering the battle!
Center … yourself in body, mind, and spirit!
Trust … your warrior skills and intuition!
Imagine … success clearly with the mind's eye!
Only … exist in the present moment to control fear!
Never … stop or look back once action has begun!

Something to think about. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment