About this blog

This blog was started as a whirlwind. So these objectives are laid out on the top as a reminder to me and for you to remind me. These objectives will change accordingly. Do praise or criticize me for keeping to my plan or deviating from it. This is the start of accountability to my plan.

There are Twitter updates, if you are my friend please identify yourself when you add to your follow list.

Long term objectives
1. To be financially independent so that I can free my time in devoting to God and Family.
2. Money is for memories. I want to take my Family to Disneyland in 2014. I want my daughters to remember this for life. I can also take this to my grave.
3. Trading as a vehicle to secure my daughters' future education requirement.
4. Continued learning/evolution of myself and the markets.
5. This is not for fun, it is a means for an end. Be very ruthless!

Friday, July 24, 2009

End of the week and some results

As you all know, one of my objectives is to reduce my time spent on the screens. Analysis can be my strength but market monitoring is my weakness.

So far I am exploring to automate the simple 5 minute IB breakout method with the help of Todd.

So far I am liking it, not sticking to an instrument exclusively. More like hedging different instruments against each other.

A few days of forward testing on SIM, I have concluded that this methods works quite well on certain instruments. Namely, CL & QM which have exceptionally high wins. Followed by the currency pairs in order of wins, JPYUSD, EUDUSD and GBPUSD. ZB and ZN, the 10 yr and 30 yr Treasury Notes. Then ZS, Soy Beans seem to work quite well. Among the US Indices, YM(DOW) has the best results, followed by NQ(NASDAQ), TF(Russell 2000) and the worst performer ES(S&P).

GC, Gold and the Euro indices, FDAX and FESX does not yield good results.

I will make the best combination of above 12 instruments. I only made 8 live trades this week. Yielded just over US$1000. More forward tests and I will be comfortable to go live fully with 12 instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment